Killing Belsavis planet boss... thoughts

This forum is dedicated to the new universes where AP will be present: Star Wars The Old Republic and The Secret World
Chrisax
President

Killing Belsavis planet boss... thoughts

Post by Chrisax »

I saw yesterday someone asking for reinforcements to kill Belsavis planet boss. I decided I could join to see how it was, for future AP raids.

Well... We were 13 in the end (max is 16 for operations). Several, maybe like 9-10, already killed the boss or a comparable boss.

I was first surprised by the chat about difficulty. It sounded like it was big achievement. Something like a Beast raid in AO in 2005. I was a bit worried.

The kill was really easy (or I missed something colossal somewhere). Imagine like 50 levels 220 of today killing Beast in AO. The boss has almost 500K life; it's not the top one regarding this stat.

It didn't take ten minutes.

Two adds spawned, elites, I could almost solo one (I say "almost" because I got help so I can't say how hard it was actually.).

No one died. It seems everyone knew his job at least decently. I saw no flaw.

IMHO, a group of 8 could have done it.

Loot was not impressive: purple gloves and purple boots, not better than the good purples you can buy on the market. Of course, maybe schematics or rare items may drop, but that was not the case here.

After the raid, several people had the feeling they just did something great. Some said nothing. I was really surprised because, for me, that was just an easy kill. The Lord Mordreth raid AP did a week ago in AO was much much harder.

I was like... "uh?!"

Picture
Hyde
Hyde!

Re: Killing Belsavis planet boss... thoughts

Post by Hyde »

I gotta say, one of the few things I loved about Rift was the random-spawn invasions and world bosses. I really miss that type of interaction.