Second Beta weekend Friday May 18

Chrisax
President

Second Beta weekend Friday May 18

Post by Chrisax »

Opening Friday May 18th 4pm GMT (16GMT) / 6pm CET / 12pm EST

Note that your character progress from one Beta Weekend will carry over to the next.

On your account page you should find already the link to download the client.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Re: Second Beta weekend Friday May 18

Post by Elrojo »

do i need to re-dowload the client?
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Well, I'm trying to know. There is now an email sent to Open beta testers that just announce the new beta weekend and mentions how to download but does that mean you have to, I can't say. It would be strange.

Normally you should just have to start the client and patch, and do that a bit before the weekend starts.

I hope i'll get the info sometimes soon.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

FWIW ...

a) I'm still not invited (even checked on my account page)

b) I'm still not convinced enough to pay for it in advance

c) I'm not sure I have time/room for another game right now (trying to use Diablo as a pacifier to wean me off games a bit more ... and RL has been cropping up left and right on me)

Note: nothing will CHANGE the above except an invite, which I've definitely reg'ed for, or an open beta. Just being clear why I haven't popped in to say hello. I had a houseguest who's actually been in beta for a few weeks (funny that, since he never played another FC game in his life, sigh ... wtb people setting up betas who pay attention to their own audience) and it looked interesting, so I'd like to try it.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Hyde, register again on TSW site or on the AO or AoC launcher (should take you to the same page), just in case.

And YES I did read you registered already, I do know this sucks, and I do agree it's stupid and you shouldn't have to do it. Just multiply your chances.

That said, 48 hours of open beta show little but it's interesting.
(For example, there is no big issue in combat styles during the beginning of the game, you still need to know what you are doing but that's all. For example, you could use a lot AoE's -magic or weapons- to fight, but, one day, later in the game, you enter a solo instance where, in each part of it, using AoE to fight groups of 2-5 social mobs would hit and open a dozen of eggs containing mobs ready to kill you... and you are like uh oh... Need to THINK!)