TSW servers: AP will be on CERBERUS

Chrisax
President

TSW servers: AP will be on CERBERUS

Post by Chrisax »

AP will be on CERBERUS dimension.

As promised TSW works on a world-wide server!

Hurry up when you can create characters, it's the first dimension so a lot will go there. Nevertheless I don't think a dimension can be "full" (I asked Ragnar, waiting for his reply) but the "default" choice may be changed in the character creation menu so you will have to pay attention.
Dimensions are global and you can play anywhere you want without any regional restrictions. We've marked some dimensions as French- and German-speaking, and though you can still play the English language version of the game on those dimensions, people will probably be chatting and communicating in French or German.

Here is the list of the first five English dimensions, along with the first four French-and-German dimensions:

* Cerberus
* Daemon
* Faerie (RP dimension)
* Grim
* Huldra
* Drac (French dimension)
* Mandrake (French dimension)
* Kobold (German dimension)
* Poltergeist (German dimension)
Chrisax
President

Re: TSW servers: AP will be on CERBERUS

Post by Chrisax »

The reason I picked Cerberus is also that AP's not reading this post for any reason have statistically more chances to click on Cerberus, so we have a better chnace to have them with us.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

I'll reply tomorrow to all those questions in a FAQ I'm making about the server technology in TSW. :)

Don't pay attention to the names in Beta though. Several transparent / stealth changes were made for technical reasons and for testing too.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Chrisax wrote:I'll reply tomorrow to all those questions in a FAQ I'm making about the server technology in TSW. :)
Martin just did it for me but i'll still make a more direct FAQ:

Single Server Technology in TSW: all the world together
http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... =98&t=7163
Calen
Maxi Leet

Post by Calen »

This is possibly a silly question, but I was reading through TSW forums and the debate on Clan vs Neut vs Omni in AO and how it relates to TSW, have we chosen in another post I missed?
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Calen wrote:This is possibly a silly question, but I was reading through TSW forums and the debate on Clan vs Neut vs Omni in AO and how it relates to TSW, have we chosen in another post I missed?

What faction in TSW? Poll
http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... =98&t=7135

We finally picked Templars but with the hope to possibly create someday satellites cabals in other factions, or the hope they will finally implement multi-faction cabals that were somewhat considered at some point but no news since.

As I wrote in the poll thread:
Chrisax wrote:I personally suggested "Clubs" or "groups" gathering people of various origins.
(After all, there are in fiction works many examples of groups made of people who should have never worked together: The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (The comic books NOT the movie OMG), and the well-know Avengers or Justice league of America, to just stay in the comics domain.

Regarding PvE, it's very easy to design and implement.
Regarding PvP, it's more complicated but doable.
Why Templars? Honestly, all factions are jerks.

Templars have two advantages: in the storyline, although their somewhat totalitarian way of thinking, they have a real concern about justice and equity and, technically, they are the most polished faction in game, with also a HQ in the main hub city.

And ALL factions tell you the same thing: you are there to do what you are told to do. Exactly what to tell me if you want me to stop being polite.

Thanks, actually in-game, you do what you want.

Personal feelings? This:
  • Templars: I'd like to kick the trainer in the crucible in the face and finish him in a bathtub of acid. :twisted: While other chars are somewhat more sympathetic though. Richard Sonnac got one of the best lines so far "If only we didn't lose Egypt to Alexander, things could have been different".

Illuminati: their cynicism and greed is fun for a short time.

Dragon: oriental sect, anyone?! Bye bye the feeling of open philosophy.

So I -and I guess most AP's- will consider any faction offbeat humor and will play it as I played briefly a Sith in SWTOR: I was a gentle, atypical one.
Kilajan
Strong Leet

Post by Kilajan »

I just pre-orderd the game with GM pack. So count me in!
They who seek, will find an answer.

"If the tank dies it the healers fault, if the healer dies its the tanks fault and if the DPS die it's their own damn fault" - "Anonymous"
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Grats!
Calen
Maxi Leet

Post by Calen »

The darn GM pack taunted and teased me until I bought it...
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Good news on the server choice ... for me ... Cerberus looks to be the community-chosen unofficial PVP server.

Note: doesn't seem to be any PVP flags outside of specific zones like Fusang, so it won't mean people get ganked more on Cerberus (which I'm still sad about and HOPING they'll do a real PVP server later). But it does mean that Fusang has the most chance of staying interesting.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Calen wrote:The darn GM pack taunted and teased me until I bought it...
:rotf2: Grats

Hyde: yep, looks like it about PvP and Cerberus. So it's good for warzones.

And, no, there is no PvP flag or whatever: you are in PvP if you are in a persistent or on-demand PvP zone.

Reminder:
- Battlezones (mini-games created on demand) are cross-dimensions thanks to "One Server" technology.

- Warzones (persistent zones) are specific to each dimension, for technical reasons.

It's all explained here; check the player vs Player section:
http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... =98&t=7163
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Yeah, I was aware of that. I'm just wishing there was more in the way of PVP zones. They'll have grace from me on getting around to it, as I know how minimal it is currently.