Merging Accounts and Transferring of Characters AVAILABLE

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

Merging Accounts and Transferring of Characters AVAILABLE

Post by Chrisax »

Merging Accounts and Transferring of Characters - Now available

"We made this service available early this week without really announcing it...being somewhat wary of little issues that might pop up. With a couple small issues gone (paid points not transferring correctly..and a couple others) it seems stable and ready for general use."
Means in http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... p?t=580988

Details:
  • Merging of Accounts :
    • Combine accounts under one master account. Accounts get the maximum Veteran Points available to both accounts. Paid points are added together under one total. Paid points transferred into game remain the same by account. Price: Free for now

Will be a 500 Paid Point service in the future...but as so many people are currently playing on accounts where it was not an option to create sub-accounts at the time this will be free for the foreseeable future until we feel our veteran players have had a chance to combine their accounts without additional cost.
    Transfer Characters Between Merged Accounts:
    • Move a character from one account to another account under the same "master" account. Subscription to each account remains independant of the master account. Price: 1000 Paid Points

This is again a special price to start things out and it will be increased to 2000 points in the near future. The start-up deal is again for our veterans to move characters at a discounted price before it becomes a regular service headed into the future. Leet Pet nanos will be fixed to work on destination accounts that do not have them. Luxury apartments will unfortunately have to be purchased on destination accounts to work. The Westerlund Lounger should already work on these accounts if the Nano is already uploaded.

To make it even clearer:
  • - If you have 2 accounts, let's say "Leet007" and "HecklerABC" and if you want to merge HecklerABC into Leet007 so only Leet007 will appear in the future and will be your main account
    - Log on your Leet007 account page NOT the other account's page!
    - Go to "All paid services" (menu on the right)
    - In the section "Anarchy Online Account Merge", click on "GO"
    - Select HecklerABC and confirm
    - Only Leet007 will now appear as an account name for you (and you will only use the codes for Leet007)
canuckg5
Strong Leet

Re: Merging Accounts and Transferring of Characters AVAILABLE

Post by canuckg5 »

Just to be clear, can i still dual logg 2 accounts under the master account?
Lasarina
Big Leet

Post by Lasarina »

Yes, you can do that just like you usually do :cool:
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

so, in the past I have had two paid accounts. I really only want to pay for one now. This means I have abandoned two toons on the second account that I have put some time into.

can i now bring those two toons onto my main account if I have room for them? I would be willing to delete two toons from my main account to make room.
General, Athen Paladins
Lasarina
Big Leet

Post by Lasarina »

Yes, that should be possible, it would cost you 1000 paid points per toon I believe. Later the price will be 2000. It says that characters can only be transferred to an account with the same or more/better expantion packs, so have that in mind.
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

I'll try it, thanks a lot!

edit: my plan

I have two accounts paid accounts AccountA and AccountB. AccountB is frozen. Both AccountA and AccountB are full of characters. AccountA and AccountB have all the same expansions, I dont have Xan on either yet.

Merge AccountA and AccountB. Create a new Veteran Account.

Move two characters from AccountA to VeteranAccount, to save them. They are not great, but this is better than deleting them.

Move two characters from AccountB to AccountA into the two slots that were just opened up.

Purchase Xan expansion on AccountA (or would the one purchase then get the expansion on AccountA, AccountB, and Veteran, dunno).
General, Athen Paladins
Phoenix
Strong Leet

Post by Phoenix »

One thing to add is right now a number of people are having problems with chat on their transferred chars. What ends up happening is that after moving a char from one account to another that char no longer seems to be able to communicate with the chat server. That means no org chat, OOC, tells, the LFT window doesn't work and so forth.

Some apparently were able to fix things by moving their old prefs folder from the old account folder to the account folder the char is now located. Others have had to petition or send e-mails to FC to get that fixed.
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

Thanks for that caution Phoenix. I will watch that thread on the AO forums a bit first.
General, Athen Paladins
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

this thread on AO forums has good info about merging. I think i will go forward with it.
General, Athen Paladins
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

So, everything has worked out, i have resurrected two "dead" characters from my frozen account. I did't have to create a Veteran account to accomplish it, because i deleted 2 lowbies (30ish) from my main, active account to make room.

Bredindoc, 143 doctor
Bredinfix, 150 fixer

I think i will kick my 60 agent Yakuzza to my frozen account and also bring over Excused, who is my level 100 Foremans crat... probably rename him Bredincrat.
General, Athen Paladins
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Cool all went well, Bredin. I was waiting for a reply from dagget for you as I know he tested a lot the system.
Phoenix
Strong Leet

Post by Phoenix »

The chat server issue also reportedly has been taken care of over on FC's end. Means even commented on that in today's Friday with Means post if I remember correctly.
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

I really appreciated the helpful comments in this thread, so thanks all.

I did mess up a bit on the first toon transfer i did. It was no big deal, it just cause me to have to wait a bit longer to play the transferred toon. As I said in my post above, I needed to delete a character from main account to make room for the xfer. Well, you have to log in to your game client to delete a toon. I forgot to log back out of the client before i did the transfer from the funcom accounts web page I even read a warning about this in a thread on the main AO forums but forgot :embarassed: . It was not a huge deal, but my character was not available to play until the next morning. When i did my second toon transfer I made sure I logged out of my game client and the entire wait time was maybe 5 minutes.
General, Athen Paladins