Downtime on 1/18/2011

This forum is dedicated to the new universes where AP will be present: Star Wars The Old Republic and The Secret World
Hyde
Hyde!

Downtime on 1/18/2011

Post by Hyde »

http://www.swtor.com/blog/scheduled-mai ... -18th-2012

Summary: game is offline tomorrow, 1/18, starting at 2am Central (8am GMT) for around 8 hours (could be FAR longer, this is their first major patch) to add in a bunch of bug fixes and L50 content. SUPPOSED to be back up by 10am Central / 4pm GMT
Chrisax
President

Re: Downtime on 1/18/2011

Post by Chrisax »

Maybe make this a separate thread, Fuze?
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

I have the game installed on my computer, but I've not activated a subscription yet. However I used to be able to click play and then it would tell me I needed an activation code.

After the patch I assumed I could do the AO style open the launcher and it would patch. However it doesn't patch and it wont let me click pay.

So is it just that I don't have an active subscription or is there something I need to manually click?
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

It auto-patches when I log in. I'd guess it won't for you until you have an active account. Not sure though.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Thinking about it after I realized that AO only patches after you log in, it only tells you you will need to patch beforehand.

Moot point anyhow as I am ordering a hard copy. Will keep the d/l version in case something goes wrong.

As a side note the actual downloaded file seems to be portable as I successfully transferred it off my old laptop to my new one (used the same location for both) and I could open the launche fine.
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

agreed on the music player. i have seen it in a game... neocon? something like that. was a f2p sci fi mmo. it really was no good. a player where you could browse to local files with spotify + pandora + whatever support would be awesome

i saw some weirdness with mouseovers today. an item that was an upgrade was showing as a downgrade
General, Athen Paladins