SWTOR crashing

This forum is dedicated to the new universes where AP will be present: Star Wars The Old Republic and The Secret World
Elrojo
BacoTroll

SWTOR crashing

Post by Elrojo »

I got the CD and installed and patched, put in subscription data etc.

I am trying to run the game, i can log in, it then goes to the 30mb download screen and then i hit play.

The loading screen comes up with all the dudes on the screen and it stays for about 10 secs then everything just closes down.

What am I doing wrong?

the only setting i can chose is the language.

My system is an Asus g74sx, 12gb ram, 2.1ghz processor, 3gb nvida GTX 560M, i have windows 7 but have UAC turned to off (notify off).
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Re: SWTOR crashing

Post by Elrojo »

seems to be a bit of an issue that has a few threads already.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=76406

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=9100

Going to have to try to reload launcher. I dont seem to have a button to repair install and the fixlauncher.exe file is not in my folder where they say it should be. SO not sure what the deal is.

Downloading the latest driver for my GFX card as well as the 40mb launcher thing from the website. Hopefully one of the two fixes it.

UGH.
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

:-( gah. good luck Rojo.
General, Athen Paladins
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

:( Sigh. Unfortunately I can't say more than what the SWTOR team says in the second link you posted.

Make sure you have the last video drivers and the last direct X version on your system.

Windows update should find it if you launch it. (Unless it's on auto mode already.)

You can also open your Windows control panel, then click on "help" and then type Direct X and search in help. You'll have a series of links, one being the Direct X diagnostic tool. Check if all is fine.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

skight update.

I dl/l the SWTOR launcher again and just ran the install over the version i have now. The launcher looks to be more complete, though now is just saying "updating launcher" before I can logon, but there isnt a progress bar or anything. Will just leave it running and see how it goes.

I have windows update and its auto. The nVida driver has a newer version so i have d/l that too. I have DX11 so that should be the most uptodate version i assume. Not sure 100% how to check that.

I did a dxdiag thing and all looks fine there.

So will see how this launcher update goes. Someone reported tat it seemed to fix and others said the launcer update just sat there indefinitely.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

works
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

awsome, see u in game m8
General, Athen Paladins
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

woot, GJ rojo!

I had a similar problem, although, man mie was weird... on the first boot up of the game, I pressed escape durign the loading screen, and every time since then (until the next FULL reinstall), I had major issues of crashing during load up.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Exactly what I did, as well as others. In fact I just wanted to alt tab to my volume as the controls weren't working during the intro sequence. I spammed escape, space bar and then alt tab. After that it wouldn't load. Bloody annoying at 11:30 at night.

Also though, the launcher seemed to not be complete from the disc install. I had no other options in the setting other than language settings and then the fix launcher.exe file wasn't present. Easiest thing to do it just install that launcher over the top from the sw website. It fixed it all. The launcher patch took about 8 mins and done.