Open Beta: my big warning ! Don't judge by it

Chrisax
President

Open Beta: my big warning ! Don't judge by it

Post by Chrisax »

Let's make it clear:

- Open Beta is MUCH LESS stable than the Closed Beta! (Maybe because it's just a part of it ripped off and partially recoded to work alone?)

- Open Beta doesn't show you much: you think it's quite rich tough? Well it's actually little.

- Don't think this is a zombie game because you were dropped onto a zombie infested town

- You can't really see some aspects of the game, like crafting, because many items you need for crating will drop in the next zones; you get some in Kingsmouth (glyphs, runes) but it's limited.

- Do not play TSW as SWTOR or WoW or even AO or AoC! Don't try to rush, don't skip, don't bypass things, don't neglect or overlook anything

Let me give you an example about looting and crafting: last night I was with Rojo in Kingsmouth. He was on turbo-mode :) At a moment, a nice hammer (weapon) dropped. I told him to get it. He didn't. I repeated it and I passed during the auto-roll (the game has its own rolling system). Rojo said that he didn't need a hammer anyway as he was Chaos Magic (and probably assault rifile in addition later). STOP!

That's perfectly nice and fair if someone else needs the weapon, of course, BUT if no one needs... you need it because in TSW you can disassemble items to get materials and then build a totally different weapon from it. And you can "refine" low rank material to make higher rank material: processing 5 clump pf a material rank "N" gives you one clump of rank N+1 material!

Another things is TSW doesn't try to direct you a lot: you can travel and do what you want. Still, not rushing and getting the "main" quest (The Dawning of an Endless Night, from Sheriff Bannerman in the Sheriff's office) and doing it progressively, again not rushing it, while you naturally encounter AND DO other quests is recommended: you discover some things, understand them better, and by doing other quests you encounter, you get ready for some big bad situations in the main quest. (Ask Rojo about the Brood Mother in the sewers)

Also, on the sheriff's office roof, Officer Andy give a quest explaining more about the enemies and the relation between zombies and the...xxx... and also describing what happend to the population when the fog came.

Take your time and remember: you are able to GET EVERYTHING eventually. You never stop getting xp, you can always get new powers and improve skills.
Crash
Big Leet

Re: Open Beta: my big warning ! Don't judge by it

Post by Crash »

I ... hate ... zombies.